Smartwatches help you stay connected without the distraction of a smartphone and if you are looking to upgrade your Apple Watch, this article is for you. We have brought to you how to reset iWatch so that you can change it when its new cousin is on the market. You must unpair and erase the existing iWatch from all your devices to make way for the new one and here is how you can do it in 6 clicks.
But before that, are you looking for a band change for your iWatch? We recommend getting your old band replaced with the Apple Watch x Wristcam band edition. They have brought to you some amazingly cool features on their Apple Watch band like video messaging with the two cameras, HD quality imagery, and more!
How to reset an iWatch: Unpair Your Apple Watch
It is a super easy and very quick process to unpair your iWatch from your iPhone. Of course, beware that unpairing restores the Watch to its former factory settings. Why is that important? Suppose, you have your public transport card in the Wallet app, it may be lost. So remove it from your Apple Watch before your unpair.
So how do we go about the unpairing? To get started, keep both your iPhone and iWatch close as you unpair them. Further, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the ‘My Watch’ tab.
- Tap on ‘All Watches’.
- Click on the info button beside the iWatch you want to unpair.
- Tap on ‘Unpair Apple Watch.
- Confirm your choice.
Viola! It’s done: you have successfully unpaired your Apple Watch from your iPhone. Here’s a quick reminder: if you are using Apple Watches with cellular and GPS features, you may have to choose to remove or keep your mobile data plan. These APple Watches connect to mobile networks to make calls and use mobile data instead of a WiFi connection. Suppose you don’t want to pair a different Apple Watch or iPhone, you may contact your network provider and cancel the mobile data subscription.
If you have unpaired your Apple Watch from your iPhone, no need to worry about erasing all the data from the Watch. But what if you don’t own an iPhone? That’s where our next segment “how to erase an iWatch?” comes in. Read on!
How to Reset an iWatch Without an iPhone: Erase Your Apple Watch
You can easily erase all the data on your Apple Watch even if you don’t have an iPhone to unpair. Here’s how you do it:
- Tap ‘Settings” on your Apple Watch.
- Click on ‘General’.
- Select ‘Reset’.
- And finally, choose ‘Erase All Content and Settings’
Again, for Apple Watches with GPS and cellular features, you have to choose whether you want to remove or keep your mobile data plan because this process resets your Apple Watch back to its factory settings.
A Final Note: How to Reset an iWatch Without Passcode and iPhone
You may erase all your data on your Apple Watch without using the passcode and your iPhone. Here’s what you must do:
- Put your Apple Watch on charge throughout the process.
- Press and hold down the side button till you see the ‘Power Off’ message on your screen.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown till the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ message pops up.
- Now, tap on ‘Reset’.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on ‘Reset’ again.
- How do I do a hard restart on my Apple Watch?
If you are unable to turn off your iWatch, you might have to restart it forcibly. Do this only if your iWatch fails to restart normally. To hard restart, press and hold the Digital Crown and the side button together until the Apple logo emerges. It will take you at least 10 seconds to do so.
- How do I reset my Apple Watch without my phone?
Here’s what you can do if you don’t have a phone to reset your Apple Watch:
- Connect your Apple Watch to the power outlet.
- Press and hold down the side button till the Power Off slider shows.
- Press on the display (do not slide the Power Off slider).
- Now erase all the settings and content.
- How do I remove an Apple Watch from the previous owner’s account?
For removing an Apple Watch from a previous owner’s account, you will need a computer. Once that’s settled, follow these steps:
- Visit Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.
- Use your Apple ID to sign in.
- Select All Devices.
- Click on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on Erase Apple Watch.
- Select Next until the watch is erased.
- Tap on the X button next to your Apple Watch.
- How do I remove the activation lock without the previous owner on Apple Watch?
You cannot remove the activation lock on the previous owner’s Apple Watch yourself. So take the watch to an Apple store with the following things to request them to remove the activation lock for you:
- The watch
- Its receipt
- Your photo ID
- Any other proof of ownership
- What happens if I forgot my Apple Watch passcode?
It may happen that you forgot your passcode or entered it incorrectly multiple times. This will disable your Apple Watch and you will have to use your iPhone to enter the passcode again. If you still can’t remember the correct passcode, the only way is to learn how to reset an iWatch. After that, you can set up a new passcode again.